Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Souriya

LAYAL RABAT
tw: rape
Souriya, Souriya, land of Syriacs and Assur
How many years must you suffer this curse?
I’ve been watching them starve, torture, and rape you for three years,
Tell me what to do, help me please.


Your temples of gods of all genders, shapes, sky, earth, fire, wind, moon, and sun,
destroyed and consolidated to only include the angry one.
I cannot speak for your daughters, I’ve been away for too long,
But their mournful cries haunt my dreams with their song.

Souriya, why do men treat you this way? Is it because you’re a woman they cannot oppress?
I grew up in a family of strong educated women,
I cannot believe how far you’ve regressed.

Souriya, your fields are dry,
The farmer cannot feed the children,
And he knows why.
Your rural citizens tried to join the city folk,
Unwelcomed they felt, so they decided to revolt.
You sure are developed! You’ve joined the modern age! 

With your own resources you’ve built up your own cage


No comments:

Post a Comment